Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 1

I started my intermediate fasting yesterday and it really wasn't too bad.  I know whenever I start a new program I'm all pumped up, so it might have just been that, but overall it was a good day...and given how much I love food that's saying something!

I had my morning coffee with sugar free flavored creamer (yummy) and that was it.  I did get hungry right around 10am, but I concentrated on work and was feeling pretty good by noon.  By the time I was driving home from work I was VERY excited for dinner.  However, it was more of a mental excitement, instead of a hungry excitement.  We had plans to go to one of my favorite burger places for dinner for a while and that always puts a smile on my face.  While this is probably not the ideal meal, it was so good, so I really didn't feel too bad!  However, I know that normally I would've eaten breakfast, as well as lunch AND then had the burger, so in my warped mind I felt pretty good about it, plus it was pure awesomeness!  (Yea I know I have a problem...which I guess explains why I'm writing this blog.)

After dinner I let my food settle and then headed to the gym.  I did a quick cardio interval session on the treadmill, listed below.  Yea I know it was only 12 minutes, but I was huffin' and puffin' pretty good by the end.
-2 minute warm up at 3.5 mph
-1 minute at 4 mph
-1 min 4.5 mph
-1 min 4.0 mph
-1 min 5.0 mph
-1 min 4.0 mph
-1 min 5.5 mph
-1 min 4.0 mph
-1 min 6.0 mph
-2 min cool down at 3.5 mph

After that I did some multi-muscle exercises.  They look a little odd and I'm that weird person who gets embarrassed in front of strangers so I don't normally do anything that makes me stand out; but for whatever reason I didn't care yesterday...and it felt great!  I went home and couldn't stop talking to my man about everything that I did at the gym.  I was like a little kid who just keeps rambling and stops making sense about 5 minutes into it. 

After that I still had loads of energy, so I took the dog for a long walk with some running here and there.  Once I got home, I still had a bug in me, so I deep cleaned our entire kitchen!  I was scrubbing everything floor to ceiling!  It was great!  I was worried that with not eating during the day, that I'd feel tired and sluggish once I finally got dinner, but the exact opposite happened. 

I have my next fast day tomorrow, so I'm hoping for another great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment